VINCI Airports signs a sustainable development charter for the construction of the new car park at Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport
The Sustainable Development Charter, signed by VINCI Airports in Lyon and its partners, the Lyon-based company FONTANEL, leader of the design and construction consortium, and the Colombier Saugnieu City Council, aims to control environmental issues, from construction to parking operation.
The project, which is part of a HQE Infrastructure certification process in line with VINCI Airports' overall AirPact strategy, is organized around an operation management system that integrates different aspects: respect of the environment, responsible management, quality of life and economic performance. Land management and the involvement of local companies are also strong features of the project.
Thus, the objective of this future car park (delivery scheduled for June 2020) of nearly 2,000 spaces, including 20 spaces dedicated to electric vehicles, is to meet the significant growth in traffic while guaranteeing passengers a simple and fluid journey.
Through this charter, which includes 39 requirements, the airport is committed to:
- Creating a positive energy parking lot: roof-mounted photovoltaic installation with a cumulative power generated of more than 900 kWp on more than 2700 panels
- Optimizing space and controling land: creation of a 6-storey silo car park with nearly 2,000 spaces, built on an existing car park with 300 spaces currently in use
- Establishing a recognizable territorial identity: highlight, on each floor of the car park, an element of the heritage of Lyon and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region and integrate the building into its environment
- Reducing unnecessary car traffic in the car park thanks to a complete guidance system to the parking space
- Optimizing the use of natural light
- Pre-treating the surface water of the car park before discharging and complying with the "green site" Charter set up by Fontanel for the group of companies working on the project, which promotes the sorting and recovery of waste and optimizes water management.